Monday 4 February 2013

I have no goal target for AfCON 2013- Emenike




Nigeria’s striking sensation at the ongoing Africa Nations Cup, Emmanuel Emenike, has said he has no goals target for the competition.
Emenike, who is Nigeria’s highest goal scorer in the competiton with three goals, told PREMIUM TIMES that his target is for the team to get to the final of the competition.
“’I don’t really have a target, but if goals come I will score. But my ultimate target is to win and get to the final of the tournament,” he said.

Born on May 10, 1987, the Spartak Moscow of Russia forward said he was confident the team could challenge the Ivorians before the match.
“I kept believing in this team. We are all together in the team and we all have to go out and play and fight,” he said.
He said the players played more like a team against the Elephants, which helped them emerge victorious.
“Today (Sunday), we played more like a team. We haven’t been doing that in the past but we were together,” he said.
Emenike, who has plied his trade in Russia, Turkey, South Africa, and Nigeria said he was happy with the goal he scored against Cote d’ Ivoire and feels at home playing in South Africa..
“I’ve scored such a goal before when I was playing in a South African club. It happens like this whenever I have the opportunity to shoot.
“I think even the first time I arrived here in SA (South Africa), it’s like home. Most people knows my name, they make me feel at home, I played here and I’m back again’ was what he said about his motivation in South Africa.
Emenike had played for Mpumalanga Black Aces and F.C. Cape Town, both in South Africa, before moving to Turkey.
The current joint top score in the competition said his family has always encouraged him and appealed to Nigerians to continue to encourage the Super Eagles.
“My family has been behind me, they kept telling me to go out there and do my thing that my country is watching me,” he said.
“Keep believing in us and we will never put your face down by Gods Grace,” he urged Nigerians.

No comments:

Post a Comment